As a user in GoContractor you can change your email address in the event you have projects under two or more separate email addresses and logins and would like to centralize all your access to projects under one email and password
- You must have access to both the old and new account login for GoContractor.
- You must have access to the new email to verify the change request.
- Your password will stay the same as what you used from the original (old) account.
For security and compliance with user data and training requirements. If you do not have an alternative form of verification such as a verification email response from both accounts, matching profile photo or phone number for text verification. We will not be able to help with the merging of accounts you no longer have email access to.
In the example below a user is merging firstname.lastname@example.org (logged-in) requested to have this account merged into email@example.com . All projects can now be accessed under one login at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To do so please go to:
- https://app.gocontractor.com/ > Log-in
- In the top right corner of the screen click the drop-down arrow.
- Click My Settings > Below your profile email click + Change Email
- Enter the new email address
- Click Send Confirmation
- You will get the email to verify the new email
- You will be presented with a screen to confirm if this is the change you want to make.
- Click "Merge".
- **Once you merge an account it can not be undone. Please ensure you are logged in to the right profile before you attempt this action.
Verifying Your Email
Updating your email will send you a new confirmation email and ask you to verify the email change. THis email will go to the new email address for confirmation and you will be logged in to GoContractor under this new email address.