How to get there
To access the "Invite Workers by Phone" feature, a user must be logged into their GoContractor admin portal as a general contractor administrator, project administrator, or subcontractor administrator.
To confirm that a user has access, check for "Workers" tab on the left-hand side.
Click it to open the feature.
As a General Contractor Administrator or Project Administrator, you now have the ability to invite subcontractor workers to projects. Typically, Subcontractor Administrators will invite their workers to projects themselves, though in some cases you may find it necessary to invite subcontractor workers yourself.
Example Scenario: A subcontractor worker who has not yet registered with GoContractor shows up to the worksite but their subcontractor administrator is not present or is not able to send the worker an invitation.
At GoContractor, we understand that not all of your workers may have the capability, or desire, to register an account with an email address. So we've created some alternative methods just for this reason so administrators can send workers invites via their phone number. To learn about how to invite subcontractor workers to a project by email as a general contractor administrator or project administrator, check out Inviting a Subcontractor Worker to a Project by Email as a General Contractor Administrator or Project Administrator!
Note: A Subcontractor must be invited to a project (by either a General Contractor Administrator or a Project Administrator) before any of their workers can be invited to that project.
How to Invite a Subcontractor Worker to a Project by Phone as a General Contractor Administrator or Project Administrator:
1. Click the “Subcontractors” tab
2. Click the subcontractor that is the worker's employer
3. Highlight and copy the link below "Link to Share"
4. On your mobile device, open a new text message and paste the link into the message field
Note: Alternatively, rather than send the worker this project invitation link, you could just send them the GoContractor Register link instead: https://id.gocontractor.com/register.
5. In the "To:" field, type the worker's phone number
6. Tap the send button
7. From here, highlight and copy the invite code from the project page in Step 3, paste it in the text message to the worker, then send it
To learn more about how workers can accept an invitation to register with GoContractor, check out Accepting a Worker Invitation to Register with GoContractor by Phone!
- Workers who have already registered an account on GoContractor will need to log in at id.gocontractor.com/login and enter their code on their "My Invitations" page (the envelope icon in the top-right corner).
- Your ability to invite new workers is restricted by your license limits. If additional licenses are needed on your account or your General Contractors account. You will receive the below error. [Unabled to issue Licence, please contact your administrator]