As an administrator, you will find the need to create new projects and create new orientations to assign to those projects. This article will provide you with the steps to use to create your orientations. Also known as User or Subcontractor Qualifications in GoContractor. These qualifications will include everything you need to ensure your workers or users receive all the information they would get at an onsite orientation while also collecting any data that you need to manage users for your worksite.
Your worksite project "also known as "workgroups" should be created at this point to ensure you can assign your qualification to it.
Some required prerequisites to this article include:
- Creating a new Project (workgroups)
- Creating a new Course
- Creating a new Qualification
This article is based on a default structure of how GoContractor works today. As we understand many clients have unique configurations we are more than happy to review with you if needed.
Default Set-up Hierarchy:
- Account > This is the name of the General Contractor using GoContractor.
- Region WorkGroups > This can be regional locations or divisions of your company that may have one or more projects nested below it.
- Project Nested Workgroup > This is the name of the project itself that subcontractors and workers will be invited to. This is where your orientation will live and can be assigned to any region or project
Do you already have a Project?
To create a new orientation for your job site, you may want to consider if this is a new project(workgroup) requirement or just an add-on to an existing project already available in GoContractor. If you already have a project in mind you can move on to creating an Orientation placeholder as know as a user qualification.
Creating a new Orientation
- Log in as an administrator and go to Setup > User Qualifications > + Qualifications
- You will be navigated to the qualification setup screen where you will need to give your Orientation qualification a:
- Title: This will be displayed to the end-user as the orientation they need to complete.
- Description: Tells the user/worker what the orientation is for and what is required of them.
- Section Title: If you plan to have multiple sections for Worker Personal Data, Document Requirements, Courses, etc. You should create your section first so you know where to put things when you have them ready.
- Once you have these items in place we recommend you create your course next. This is a great time to gather any videos, powerpoints, or text-based documents you want to share with the user/worker taking the orientation.
- Please see the Creating a new course article. Once complete you can continue or you might already have a course created and want to use that! No problem.
- Go back to Setup > User Qualifications > Name of the Orientation you created.
- Click Edit
- On the left-hand side, you can search our prefilled library of qualifications fields to see if there is a field you need that is available like phone number, date of birth, Osha10, or SST.
- If you do not see a field you need in the existing Library. Simply click the + button at the top to add a field option to the library.
- Once you have customized and added the field option. You can search for that field and drag and drop the field into the sections you have created if any.
- This is a great time to add courses previously created. Just like the above, you must add the course as a field option in step #7. Click "course" and add it to your library.
- Once added you can drag it to its own section and title the section accordingly.
Some articles that will help you new will be:
- Inviting other internal administrators or managers
- Inviting Project Subcontractor Companies.