This is the final stage in your project content creation process. Once complete you will have an active Orientation with all of your company's required orientation/induction qualification requirements listed. The project can have one or more qualifications as part of the orientation/induction process which you can add following this video.
Some key things to keep in mind when building your qualifications are:
You should have already set up your courses for these qualifications in Part 2 - Creating a Course.
- Gather any forms of data you would normally require a worker to provide you at orientation.
- Make sure you have specified any fields that contain sensitive information so that the system can track and notify if any administrator has requested to see this information for a particular user in GoContractor.
- If you have courses and orientations for different languages this is the time to generate an additional version of your qualifications to assign to a Project.
- You may duplicate this process for Subcontractors if there a subcontractor-specific qualifications for a project by click Subcontractor qualifications instead of user qualifications.
Creating your Qualifications for Orientation/Induction:
- By now you should have a project and course created for the final setup of your project
- Click Setup-> User or Subcontractor Qualifications
- Click the + Qualification on the page to generate a template to get started.
- The qualification settings to consider are:
- Qualification Title: This is the title of your Orientation or Induction that the end-user will see when they are invited to take the specific project qualifications.
- Description: This is field can be to describe any key details about the orientation/induction that might otherwise be left out.
- Library Defaults: We have created a few fields based on customer feedback that will be available by default. You can select and modify the settings of those fields as needed.
- Add Fields to Library: If there is a field you need that you can not find by searching the existing library. You can create and add the field to your library. Fields types offered: Text, Number, Date, Multiple Choice, Single Choice, CITB Card, Character boxes, Agreements, file uploads, Course, Offline Courses.
Important: We have noticed that qualifications with more than 5 document upload requirements decrease the completion rate of qualification for a project where users have to upload more than 3-5 documents.
- Add Sections: Adding a section to divide your orientation into organized parts based on the material like your Course and Worker Data for example.
- Notify Unqualified Users: This button is great after you have invited subcontractors and their workers to GoContractor. If you make a change to the course or want to make sure all workers who have not completed the orientation/induction are notified to continue their orientation/induction.
- Preview: You can preview the orientation form fields to see what they would look like to the user or worker.
Assigning the Qualification to a Project:
- By now you should have one or more projects created
- Click Setup-> Projects
- Click through your Regions down to your project name.
- Click the wrench Setup button to the far right of the Project Name
- Click + Apply Qualifications
- You will be taken to a screen where you can:
- Search: Search for previously created qualifications if you have more than one or two created so far that you would like to associate.
- Require users to complete one or more additional qualifications: If you have multiple qualifications and have a combination of required and optional qualifications based on region or language, you can select this option then select all the qualifications that should be visible to all workers assigned to this project. **Make sure your qualification is clear to the worker which course applies to them so they do not take the wrong one.
- Mandatory: This means that the course you have selected is mandatory for all workers invited to take the orientation/induction for the project.
- Display Name:
The display name is a great way to display the Orientation title alongside some unique identifier for the worker to see. The display would look like: Qualification Title [Display Name].
Your Orientation/Induction should now be live as long as your Project, Courses, and Orientation are all published and active.
Part 4: Invite your Subcontractors