As a General Contractor, you may provide orientation or induction offline for a user or group of users. This article will review how to set up an Offline course so that you can assign a qualification to a user who simply needs to enter the date of completion for training outside of the GoContractor application.
This means there are no course materials or quiz required to be "complete" for the offline course. Just the date the course was completed.
Create the qualification:
- Click Settings -> User or Subcontractor Qualifications
- Click the + Qualification on the page to generate a template to get started.
- The qualification settings to consider are:
- Qualification Title: This is the title of your Orientation or Induction that the end-user will see when they are invited to take the specific project qualifications. Ex: Onsite Orientation
- Description: This is field can be to describe any key details about the orientation/induction that might otherwise be left out.
- + Library: If there is a field you need that you can not find by searching the existing library. You can create and add the field to your library. Fields types offered: Text, Number, Date, Multiple Choice, Single Choice, CITB Card, Character boxes, Agreements, file uploads, Course, Offline Courses.
- Add Sections: Adding a section to divide your orientation into organized parts based on the material like your Course and Worker Data for example. Ex: Safety Orientation
- Click the plus (+) button at the top of the screen
- Title: Title of the course taken outside of GoContractor.
- Valid for: How long is the course valid for before the user has to take this course again in person or online?
- Who can fill out this field? We highly recommend making sure the worker and general contractor admin have access to change this field Depending on if you want the user to register and put the date in themselves or you can put it in for them as an administrator.
- The field you just created will be in the list of available library fields for you to search by the "title" you just gave it.
- You can now drag and drop the field into the qualification requirements.
Assigning the Qualification to a Project:
- By now you should know which project has been created for this course
- Click Settings -> Projects.
- Click through your divisions, if any, down to your project name.
- Click the wrench Setup button to the far right of the Project Name
- Click + Apply Qualifications
- You will be taken to a screen where you can:
- Click the check box to the left of the qualification created for the "Offline Course Name" without making any other selections and process to the next step. This makes the qualification optional and will not trigger a notification to the end-user until the course is added. This always the administrator to manually add this course as needed to unique users on the project.
- Click +Add to project.
What if I want it to be a required option for all users assigned to this project?
You can follow steps 1-6.1
- If you would like to make this a qualification course required for any user added to the project you can select "mandatory". This will send a notification to all users to complete the qualification by entering a completion date.
- Click +Add to project.