How to get there
To access the "Project Builder" feature, a user must be an admin and signed into the
GoContractor admin portal.
To confirm that a user has access, click the "Setup" tab.
Within that tab is "Add / Edit Projects."
Click it to open the feature.
What are divisions?
Divisions are the parts into which your GoContractor account is broken down—often by regional locations, groups, or companies—that have projects nested below them. So the first thing you want to do when setting up your GoContractor account is create divisions that are aligned with your company's current structure. This will help you organize your projects in a way that makes sense to your team, which will allow them to quickly find relevant information so they can invite workers to the correct projects. Then once your divisions are in place, you can begin creating projects that are nested below their appropriate division.
Some key things to keep in mind when creating divisions and projects:
- Create divisions based on regional locations, groups, or companies. For example: if you have multiple projects based in Vermont, you could name a division "Vermont" and nest all your Vermont-based projects below it.
- Never nest projects below the root level. Always nest projects below a division.
- Stay consistent with your structure. If you lose track of how you organize your projects, it can be difficult to find things and expand as you add more projects.
How to Create a Division
1. Click the "Setup" tab
2. Click “Add / Edit Projects”
3. Click the “+” to the right of the root level (which is the name of your account)
Note: No project should be created at this level
4. Click “Division Below”
5. Enter the division name
6. Click “Save”