How to get there
To access the "Invite Subcontractors" feature, a user must be an admin and signed into the
GoContractor admin portal.
To confirm that a user has access, check for a "Subcontractors" tab on the left-hand side.
Click it to open the feature.
At this point, it's time to invite your subcontractors to your project. A subcontractor administrator should be your main point of contact at the subcontractor company, who is responsible for who comes on the worksite and ensuring workers are qualified/compliant.
As a general contractor administrator, it is your duty to educate your subcontractor administrators on using GoContractor. We recommend sharing this Subcontractor Administrator Training Guide with all of your subcontractors after inviting them to a project.
Before you begin inviting subcontractors to your project, there are a few things you will want to keep in mind.
- Give your subcontractor a heads up that they will be receiving an email from GoContractor so that they don’t accidentally delete their invitation thinking it’s spam.
- If an error pops up saying that a subcontractor company name is not available, that means the subcontractor has already registered with GoContractor. Should this happen, contact GoContractor so that someone from our team can invite that subcontractor to your project on your behalf. This way, duplicates won’t get accidentally created!
- Make sure you have enough licenses to allow for the subcontractor to invite their workers. Workers will not be able to accept an invite if licenses are not available.
How to Invite a Subcontractor to a Project:
1. Click the “Subcontractors” tab
2. Click “+ Subcontractor”
3. Enter the email address for your main point of contact at the subcontractor company
4. Enter the name of the subcontractor company. If you see an error that says a subcontractor's company name is already taken, that means the subcontractor has already registered with GoContractor. If this happens, contact someone at GoContractor to have that subcontractor invited to your project. This ensures duplicates won't be added to the system.
5. Click “Next”
6. Set up the invite:
- Description - An optional field where you can briefly provide details concerning the subcontractor company
- Select Project - Select the project(s) to invite the subcontractor company to
- Invitation Code - A unique code generated by a general contractor administrator that is sent to workers so they can register for a project’s qualifications.
- How many workers can they provide you? Determine how many workers the subcontractor company will be able to invite to your project, especially if there is an on-site limit or a limit to the number of workers you have in mind. If you prefer the subcontractor company has no limit, select "Unlimited"
7. Click “Next”
8. Review the invitation details
9. Click “Send”