As a General Contractor Admin, you may need to invite subcontractors to work with you on GoContractor. There are a few things to check before inviting a subcontractor and a few things to keep in mind for their invitation.
- Make sure your subcontractor is aware they are being invited to the GoContractor application.
- Confirm with the subcontractor if they have used GoContractor in the past and if they have an existing admin. If so, please use that admin's email address to invite the subcontractor's project OR have the existing admin invite the new admin contact to their subcontractor account before you start your invite.
- Make sure you have enough licenses to allow for the subcontractor to invite their workers. Workers will not be able to accept an invite if licenses are not available.
To Invite a subcontractor company, you must have a key contact's email (#2 above), they will act as the administrator for the company and manage workers and their invitations to the projects the subcontractors have been assigned.
Invite a subcontractor and administrator:
- Go to Subcontractors
- Search to make sure another admin has not already invited this subcontractor to your account.
- Click +Subcontractor
- Enter the EMAIL address of the primary admin for the account. If already assigned to a company the company name will prepopulate.
- Enter the Company Name (No spaces or special character before or after the name). Please make sure to enter the name as it is provided. If you receive an error: The company name is not available. Please try another name. Please make sure to reach out to our support team to help register the subcontractor invite to your account.
- Click Next
- Invitation Details:
- Description - Best used to describe the Project, Company, and Roles involved in this invite.
- Select Project - Select one or more Projects workers will have access to take training for. This can be updated at a later time.
- Invitation Code - Please generate a code that workers can be given to register themselves with if the subcontractor is unavailable to invite them directly. Max 16 characters and must be unique against any code used in the GoContractor system. Subcontractor admins can change later if needed.
- How many workers can they provide you? How many workers can the subcontractor account provide you? If there is an on-site limit or a limit to the number of workers you have in mind. Please a number here or click "Unlimited" .
- Click Next.
- Review the invitation has the correct data and Send.
*Once the invitation is sent. The email address above will receive a notification letting them know they have been assigned an invite to your project. If the subcontractor does not receive the invitation. Please contact our support team to have it re-sent.